Things NOT to do when you get a new tattoo
- DO NOT pick, scratch, peel or rub your new tattoo.
- DO NOT submerge the tattoo in water. You can shower, but no pools, beach or hot tubs
- DO NOT allow for excessive sun exposure. If you know you are going to be in the sun, keep your new tattoo covered. Prolonged sun will damage even older tattoos, and can wreak havoc on a new one
- DO NOT wear clothes that will rub or irritate the tattooed area.
- Be cautious in general, try not to fall onto a prickly pear.